In general, the thyroid has a priority for the intake of iodine because it produces essential hormones for life. When it signals that something is wrong, all our other iodine-dependent organs have been starving for years, even decades! So, it cannot be argued that "I don't need iodine" because I have no problems with my thyroid. Our bodies need iodine, not just the thyroid!
Iodine is indispensable!
The slowdown of metabolic processes due to hypothyroidism is often behind the stagnation of weight loss in many cases of dieting.
Here's why iodine is important for our organs:
- Thyroid: One of our most iodine-demanding organs; it requires iodine for hormone production, and a deficiency can lead to nodules, underactive, or overactive conditions.
- Adrenal Glands: Increased iodine demand during stress.
- Prostate and Testicles: Iodine can reduce the risk of cancer and is necessary for the production of sex hormones.
- Ovaries: The second-largest iodine reservoir; a deficiency can lead to cysts and menstrual cycle problems.
- Breasts: The second-largest iodine reservoir; a deficiency can lead to cysts, lumps, and increased sensitivity.
- Fetal Development: Essential for normal central nervous system development; a deficiency can lead to conditions such as autism and attention disorders.
- Pancreas and Liver: Iodine is important for insulin production and thus helps regulate blood sugar levels. The liver regulates the iodine cycle.
- Stomach and Digestive System: Necessary for mucous membrane protection and acid and secretion formation.
- Brain: Required for mental freshness, pineal gland function, and protecting the central nervous system from free radicals.
- Immune System: Necessary for the normal functioning of white blood cells.
- Salivary and Lacrimal Glands: Required for secretion; a deficiency can lead to dry mouth and/or eyes.
- Heart: Important nutrient for regulating heart rhythm.
- Skin: The first line of defense, important for cells, and sweat gland function.
What's the solution?
Mild Blue Iodine has the fantastic property that it cannot be overdosed. When the body no longer needs iodine, it is simply excreted in the urine and does not cause any side effects.
Individuals with thyroid problems should consult their doctor before using the product!